Fabrication et vente de carreaux de ciment
DES CARREAUX CIMENT 100% ARTISANAUX
Our cement tiles are entirely hand-made which gives them a great resistance and allows them to withstand all the wear and tear of time. In traditional or contemporary version, they are resistant and ecological. They will illuminate your interiors as your exteriors, they are very hygienic and easy to preserve.
The manufacture of cement tiles is entirely manual. First you have to make a mixture of pigment that is poured into a mold called a "divider". This mixture contains marble powder, white or gray cement and pigments that give it its color. Despite a precise dosage and the use of the same mold, the tiles are different from each other.
Once this layer is created, it is necessary to fix a layer of structure composed of dry cement and sand which will absorb the moisture of the first layer. Then, it is necessary to complete the mold with cement, sand and grit in order to give strength to the cement tile. Everything is then passed under a press to give the finished tile.
THE INSTALLATION OF CEMENT TILES
The installation of cement tiles is very easy and can be done on floors and walls.
- Cement tiles are installed on a well leveled, clean and dry surface. A wet basement will evaporation of calcareous deposits on the surface of the tiles. - Apply the glue cement regularly with a coarse tooth comb. Glue the surface to be tiled and the entire underside of the tile (double gluing).
- Position by hand - without hammering - leaving a very thin space (1 to 2 mm, the thickness of a spatula) for the joints.
- Once the installation is finished and the cement glues dry, clean the floor by rubbing it with a lot of water. This will remove the thin layer of pigmented dust that can still coat the tiles.
- Never use stained joint cement, the pigments in solution contained in the cement joint may stain the tiles irreversibly.
- Fill the empty space between the tiles with a spatula, without spreading the cement on the tile.
- The excess paste is cleaned immediately with a damp cloth.
- Do not use acid to remove stains or cement marks attached.
TREATMENTS FOR CEMENT TILES
- Filling liquids that limit the penetration of water and existing fats.
- They impregnate the tile, protect against stains and preserve the natural matt appearance of cement tiles.
- The treatment must be applied by brush or roller on a clean and dry surface; one or more applications, until saturation of the tile.
- Do not apply in excess. The unabsorbed filler will dry on the surface leaving bright marks (brush marks). - Make a preliminary test on a tile not laid to assess the degree of absorption of the tiles.
MAINTENANCE OF CEMENT TILES
- Clean with neutral soap (Marseille soap, black soap, green soap, etc.) and water.
- Never use aggressive detergents, acidic or alkaline products.
- Resistant stains may fade by rubbing with an abrasive or solvent.